Monday 7 March 2016

Monday 7/3/2016 - Renmark

Rest day - 564km

After a long night of rain spats, big trucks going over the Paringa bridge, possum fights and hot breezes the sun is telling me that it is time to get out of bed. Another easy day ahead. 

After breakfast with EJ I headed across the bridge for a walk to Paringa as my hips are tight from the paddling. At 10 we have a phone interview with the Border Mail for an article that will be on the web. This goes longer than we thought due to the in depth and probing questions and answers. Watch out for it. 

We have a planning meeting for the coming week and we discover that next weekend is a long weekend in SA so it will be a busy time on the river, unfortunately. 

Off to town via the Thomas taxi, thanks Kez.  A nice lunch and then the shopping for food for the week ahead. This is getting easier; however, when I packed it all in my boat I found I was getting more and more spare food. How does that happen?

We looked for Chooka the Chicken Man, but he had moved on. I found he has a couple of DVDs and you can check him out on YouTube.

A nice afternoon in the 40 degree heat next to the river before finishing getting the boat organised. Kez cooked a great lamb roast for dinner which we all enjoyed. 

Time for bed and the lid is off the tent for maximum breeze penetration. I hope it does not rain again as I have packed the fly away. Time to dream of paddling again  as there should be some interesting scenery again this week as we go through the Riverland. 





No comments:

Post a Comment